MYSTERY GIFT: Artoo Nouveau Magic

Mystery gifts are my way of thanking some of the donors to a fundraiser I did a few years ago. I asked each donor for a theme for the mystery gift, which gives me both complete creative control and a starting point, and I love this model.

For this person, when I asked for a theme he said he liked magic and Art Nouveau. You may have seen the companion piece I made for this earlier, since he and I have been sending each other cards with moving pieces. 

In addition to magic and Art Nouveau, I also happen to know he's a big fan of a famous space-themed franchise, he built a remote-controlled R2 unit several years back (as one does, right?), and he has a history as a Stormtrooper with the 501st Legion, so I threw that in as well.

I did my best to emulate an Art Nouveau style and made a deck of cards, because magic! (The back of each card, not the faces.)

Final design



Card face design and deck printing from MakePlayingCards.com



Design process


Box (print/cut on the Cricut)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stencil and Hand Painted Sign

Waterfall Cards

Holiday Cards: Kokeshi