Zoolander and Mugatu

I'm working on a number of projects at the same time, so we went low key and high fashion for Halloween this year as Zoolander and Mugatu from Zoolander.




Mugatu is wearing the finest 

  • thrift store sweater with felt letters glued in place (with Tacky Glue) and tubes of black fabric hand stitched to the cuffs. The collar didn't actually need to be attached, it just plops in place when the sweater is zipped up
  • waist cincher from the internet
  • black pants that are unremarkable except for being part of this fabulous ensemble
Makeup consists of black eyeshadow and pencil eyeliner
Hair done with silver hair wax (he is naturally a ginger)



Zoolander in the most chic

  • basic black tee shirt and jeans covered with strips of black trash bags and duct tape
Makeup was kind of trial and error based on low-res screen shots and these two YouTube tutorials. Supplies were my regular foundation, black eye shadow and pencil liner, white cheap-Halloween-palette greasepaint, purple Ben Nye theatrical greasepaint, and this awesome Mehron glitter gel.


Hair achieved via Tish & Snooky's temporary color gel in black. How effective is this stuff, you might ask? I used it to make my hair dark on Thursday for my company Halloween party (I will post about that because I made a prop, but I can't share it yet), washed it out for Friday (see selfie), and spiked it up for Zoolander on Saturday.

A day after using the gel to be a brunette

It's strong enough to make my hair stand almost straight up but also washes out completely. I've been really happy with it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stencil and Hand Painted Sign

Waterfall Cards

Holiday Cards: Kokeshi