Illustration pen pal: octopus card

My illustration pen pal loaned me another Griffin and Sabine book, and I returned it with a handmade card. This one plays around with the format, and features an octopus holding a message in a bottle.

Photo of finished card, featuring a red and yellow octopus holding a green bottle topped with a cork


Process video:

I ended up making several of these, but I think I want to go back and adjust the design a bit. I love the look of the suckers being cut from the front piece of paper to reveal the back, but the finer details are hard for the Cricut to handle without tearing. This card also doesn't fit into a standard envelope. The plan is to make at least one alternate version of this concept that is easy to replicate, to be added to my (brand new!) Etsy store, which currently features kokeshi doll cards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stencil and Hand Painted Sign

Waterfall Cards

Holiday Cards: Kokeshi