Emoji Stories

My company uses an instant messaging program that allows users to put an emoji next to their name. I noticed that one of our editors changed his every day for several days, so I asked if he had been telling a story. He hadn't been, so I started to.

I keep a list, and when I have both time and inspiration, I write a little scene incorporating those emoji in the order they appeared.

This is the first one:

black joker, new moon, saxophone, chicken, piggy





Black Joker never removes his garish jingly hat. He wanders around the starlit barnyard, barely seen under the new moon.
He plays a somber, keening tune on the saxophone, a request without words for a volunteer. Chicken does not meet his eyes, she remembers last time a little too vividly. Piggy is skeptical, but seems drawn to the music. Could this be the chance for adventure he’s always wanted?

I put the whole collection on Imgur.
(Click the image to go to the album on Imgur, where they will appear large enough to read)

View post on imgur.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stencil and Hand Painted Sign

Waterfall Cards

Holiday Cards: Kokeshi